Monday, December 24, 2012

M.I.A., Old Navy and Mob Wives...





Hey everybody. If you have been wondering where I've been...It's been a few things. First of all I didn't have consistent wifi for about a week. Then after that I started doing some research for our guest this week, "Pia Rizza" from Mob Wifes Chicago.












That is going to be fun and interesting. I am watching the original Mob Wives right now, so that I can compare the two shows. They keep playing this silly gap commercial with Jordan Knight. No joke, they play it like 3-4 times in a row each commercial break. My bad...Old Navy hahaha...Same difference. This commercial has to be at least 1 minute long; it's ridiculous that it's so long, but it's catchy. :) Yup...I just checked...1 minute. SMH






So what's been going on with me? I've been devouring me some Mob Wives!


(Left to right: Karen, Drita, Carla, Renee)




Renee is my BITCH! I love everything about her character. She is loyal, she puts her family above everything else, she is a total Mafia Princess and she is totally torn about what kind of life she wants to live. Her inner turmoil is amazing to watch and I just love her. Does she have crazy ass issues and major character flaws? Hell yeah! But who doesn't on this show. She is my favorite to watch out of the 4.













I'm on the wall with Karen (I don't know if she's really sincere or if she is a wolf in sheep's clothing)...But so far, so good. She seems like the most sincere and level headed person on the show...but I just want to make sure it's not an act before I go giving her mad props.












I don't like Drita...she's conniving. I wanna like her, because she's pretty and she's bad ass, but she be doing some bogus ass shit! She does this really messed up stuff that's not being a good friend at all, and then she down plays it, twists it, plays dumb about it and refuses to apologize about it. She's not a good friend at all.











I don't know how I feel about Carla yet. I think her and Drita are really pretty. I think Carla is especially pretty without makeup on. She has that real European beauty; she looks Spanish. You know what it is about Carla... Well, first of all, she is extremely hard headed and I think that will be her downfall. But other than that, she has this attitude. It's like a callous attitude, a very matter of fact attitude that leads her to do things that seem kind of bogus, but once she explains it, it's almost hard for me to be upset with her, under the circumstances. It's like being upset at a murderer for not being sad when someone dies or being upset at a slut for fucking your man...it's like yeah...they're kind of used to that so...and what else did you expect from them? How else do you expect them to think? It's not that Carla is anything bad like that, it's just that, all of them have grown up in this very tough environment and Carla seems to be the most callus one and she makes decisions based on that attitude and it makes her seem like a bitch but once you hear her reasoning, it's almost like, well, how can I argue with that? She kind of has a point. So I don't know yet if I like her or not, right now, I'll say she's fine.



UPDATE: Nope! I've decided...I'm not feeling Carla or Drita. It's all about Renee and Karen. (I'm on episode 6. We'll see what happens.) There's no way I'd EVER wear earrings if I had friends like this. Can I get an Amen?!

She wouldn't be my first pick as a friend...but then I don't think I would want to be friends with any of these women...They are mad pissy. I couldn't be friend with someone that I had to fight all of the time. I'[m surprised none of them have had a heart attack yet :) I guess all of that stress comes with the life though.


********************

So what do I have up for the week? (Aside from our awesome interview with Pia Rizza.) My friend, the wonderful Mr. Palmetto Star, finished reading and critiquing my book, so I have to go back through it, read it, make changes and edit it myself. That is going to be a tedious task. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the story...but I HATE reading out loud. It makes my jaws hurt. But whenever I am proofreading (which I don't do for this blog *blush), I read everything out loud. I know I am not going to catch all of the mistakes, because even the professionals don't, but I figure I will catch the majority of them and especially the obvious ones. This is the longest story I have ever written and it's still not quite as long as I wanted it to be, but I figure once I am done, it will be damn close to what I wanted (which was 40k words). I have to make my own book cover but I don't know what I'm going to do. I have been thinking about buying a stock photo but  I don't really think I want to spend that kind of money. I think I am going to have to get creative like I have with the other ones.

(These reality TV shows are so funny with their dramatic pauses and dramatic music when they're trying to emphasize something. Yes, I'm still watching Mob Wives...Research for work is So Fun!)

Anyway, that's about all for now. I am going to chill out and finish this Mob Wives so I can be ready for Pia Rizza. Hopefully my wifi will be good enough to get through this Mob Wives and move on to Chicago before  Thursday night. Peace XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment