Saturday, September 1, 2012

New Book (First Novel?)

If I did not mention it already, I am working on a new book that I am calling, "Not Quite Black and Blue" it is a fictional novel about a girl who went through the beginning stages of an abusive relationship, why she stayed in it and how she got out. It is based on actual events. I want to call it a Fictional Memoir but from what I have read, that is a bit of an oxymoron, as the whole point of a Memoir is that it is supposed to be as close to fact as humanly possible (save for maybe changing character names). "My First Fictional Memoir" sounds much sexier than saying "My First Novel (That's Based on a True Story)" though. I mean...that's the whole point of saying fictional MEMOIR (it's based on a true story-Memoir but I adjusted some stuff for safety and because of inaccuracies due to it being in the past-Fiction). Shit if you ask me, I would venture to say that there is not ONE Memoir that doesn't have a little bit of inaccuracy in it, unless said author was keeping a diary. Anyway, they say that a novel should be at least 50,000 words...I am shooting for that but I will say it like this...I am going to use as many words as it takes to tell the story BUT what the 50,000 word count goal will do is encourage me to give a more detailed story and share more events than I would have other wise. So that's about all, it's coming along quite well, I have been working on it for about a month. It makes me laugh and cry and I am hoping it will do the same for you all. This is the first book that I am going to go H.A.M. with in regards to promotion, so wish me the best. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment